January 25, 2009 § 2 Comments
1. exhausted. exhausted. exhausted. i hate that i am so wired and tired simultaneously. crazy flight from amsterdam to cairo today. we arrived 2:30 am in cairo. then had to negotiate taxi prices with overzealous drivers.
2. amsterdam is like a little piece of heaven. we ended up spending about 5 days. a very cute city with lots of bicycles and bicycle lanes and bicycle parking. lots of pedestrian streets. the first day i basically slept and took a short walk through the center. the second day i slept as well and went slowly about our day. it is an incredibly ethnically diverse city. in the airport i saw two other couples that consisted of white male, black female, biracial kid. and when el compa and aza were out walking someone asked el compa if aza’s mother was african-american…that never happens. maybe obama will turn the us into amsterdam…
3. i spent alot of time in amsterdam writing about my experience in israeli detention center. and drawing it with ball point pens and graph paper. so i will be posting more about it soon now that i have some first drafts.
4. i did not take the tour of the red light district. it seems strange to go tour sex workers. it is a similar feeling i get about going to a zoo (which i have not been to since i was in elementary school)…
5. aza squealed and pointed out every baby and every puppy that we passed in amsterdam. oh and fish too. she loves fish.
6. thank you for all of your support.